Turning Your Garage into a Versatile Space
You can transform your garage with very little planning and our expert guidance.
- Know yourself! – A garage can be a place for hobbies such as Woodworking, Bikes, Motorcycles, Racecars, or even Model Planes! Make sure your set aside space for your hobbies and plan storage so you won’t trip while enjoying your hobbies!
- It all begins with a strong ground level concrete slab! – If you’re renovating, we recommend an inspection of the slab would be a great thing to have done. If you’re having a brand new garage developed, then you’re all set!
- Decide how many cars you plan to park! – This will have a big impact on how your design the new layout. A basic car is 12 by 24 feet, and most garages add space in 12-foot increments.
- You’ll need power! – Electrical ordinances vary widely – our experts can guide you to ensure you have all the power you need in the right spots of your garage!
- Let there be light! – Pay attention to where you would like to place workbenches and project areas. Remember that garage doors open and consider how that will impact the available lumens.
Learn more about our Garage Developments today!
In Calgary, many homeowners may consider adding a basement suite to help bring in more money. The suite can be rented to anyone and can be a good source of income for the homeowner. Unfortunately, many basement suites in Calgary are not legal and could lead to issues...
An unfinished basement holds a ton of potential. Choosing the right floorplan to finish it is essential, but not always easy to do. All of the details need to be considered, including how the floorplan should look right now and how it may look in the future. It...
More homeowners than ever are taking advantage of the extra space afforded by finished basements. Those who haven’t yet embraced this trend often have questions when it comes to lighting. After all, unfinished basements have a reputation for being damp and dark, given...